Security Guard Considering Pressing Charges Against Ezekiel Elliott; Wants 'Sincere' Apology

Josh Clark
May 29, 2019 - 10:18 am
Categories: 

DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - The security guard at the center of the Ezekiel Elliott incident at a Las Vegas festival spoke publicly for the first time Tuesday and said he's still considering pressing charges against the running back for pushing him into a metal fence. 

19-year-old Kyle Johnson, a defensive back for the Orange Coast College football team in Costa Mesa, California, was interviewed by CBS 2 in Los Angles about the incident. 

Related: Mike Fisher: Two Revelations In NFL's Coming 'Vegas Video' Probe Of Ezekiel Elliott

He said he was working as a security guard at the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas on May 19 when Elliott became upset after his security team informed him that he couldn't enter a secure area. 

"I wasn't hurt or anything but to have someone that you looked up to shove you on the ground over a metal fence? It's not the biggest thing in the world ... but [to say> nothing happened? I mean, come on."

As seen on cell phone video that captured the entire incident, Elliott threw his hands up and said he didn't do anything after knocking Johnson over.

"After clearly shoving me ... he said he didn't do anything," said Johnson. 

Johnson initially told police he didn't want to press any charges but has been reconsidering his decision since time has passed.

"I didn't want to make just a rash decision that soon without evaluating it further. I mean, it was three in the morning, (and) I was shocked," Johnson said.

In the interview, Johnson said he's aware of Elliott's previous six-game suspension from the NFL for an alleged domestic violence incident with his former girlfriend. Elliott was never charged with a crime and has always maintained his innocence in the case. Johnson said despite knowing about the incident, he just wanted an apology from the 2018 NFL rushing leader. 

"I did get an apology from him, it wasn't a sincere apology. He didn't maintain eye contact. It didn't seem sincere at all."

Elliott hasn't spoken to media members at Cowboys OTAs but his attorney did say that the whole thing was blown out of proportion. 

Frank Salzano told TMZ Sports after the incident that Elliott and his girlfriend were having a normal discussion when security intervened.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told the media last week that he doesn't believe Elliott will face any discipline from the NFL. However, reports surfaced Tuesday that the league was looking into the incident. 

"I think the main thing is, I don't see anything that needs supporting. His status with us has not been impacted in any way. Frankly, I know how consciousness he's been in the offseason and that's good enough," Jones told reporters at Cowboys OTAs, including 105.3 The Fan's Mike Fisher. "I don't see it having any consequences for us."