Stephen Jones: Taco Charlton & Rod Marinelli Never Saw Eye-To-Eye

Josh Clark
September 18, 2019 - 5:44 pm
Categories: 

DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - The Cowboys elected to cut bait with former first-round pick Taco Charlton on Wednesday, and now we're hearing from the team why they finally pulled the plug.

"I think sometimes the chemistry just doesn't work with a player. With Rod, he has certain standards that he looks for in a player. I just don't think they ever saw eye-to-eye in terms of what that standard should be," Cowboys COO Stephen Jones said to DallasCowboys.com. 

"We wish Taco nothing but the best, and I think he'll go on to be a productive player in this league. A change of scenery will probably do him some good."

Jones previously told 105.3 The Fan that the reason Charlton wasn't suiting up on game days was because of his inability to play multiple positions. Those comments led to Charlton to tweet out "free me" on Tuesday. 

He followed that up with another tweet, explaining that "the last thing" he wanted to do was go to social media to get back on the active roster.

The Cowboys had until 3 p.m. today to activate Robert Quinn to the active roster. Quin was suspended the first two weeks of the season and participated in practice Wednesday.