Seattle Seahawks Safety Earl Thomas

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Cowboys & Seahawks Haven't Visited This Week Regarding Earl Thomas Trade

April 25, 2018 - 12:14 pm
Categories: 

DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - A source close to 105.3 The Fan's Mike Fisher says that the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks have not been engaged in trade discussions for safety Earl Thomas this week. 

Back on March 14, Fish reported that the teams did have discussions centered around Thomas, but it appears those talks have yet to pick up again with the draft just one day away.

According to Fish's report, the Seahawks contacted the Cowboys to engage them in a trade proposal for their star safety. NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport, however, said that Seattle didn't initiate the conversation and that it was Dallas that reached out.

Despite the reports of who contacted who, both said that the conversation did take place between the two teams. 

According to Fish's sources, the Seahawks asked Dallas for a first-round pick in exchange for the six-time pro bowler. Fish has since suggested that both teams should re-visit trade discussions with the Cowboys possibily sending the 50th overall pick to Seattle in exchange for Thomas. 

Fish adds that Dallas has no intention of trading Seattle the 19th overall pick in the draft at AT&T Stadium. 

Thomas, a former University of Texas Longhorn, has made it known that he wants a new contract.

The soon to be 29-year-old, who is set to earn $8.5 million in the final year of his contract, would prefer to play for a team that would give him a long-term extension and has expressed a desire to play for Dallas.

After Seattle’s 21-12 win at AT&T Stadium in week 16, Thomas went to the Cowboys locker room to consol Dez Bryant and told head coach Jason Garrett to "come get me" in front of a throng of reporters.  

Fish reported back in March that Thomas is rumored to be looking for a deal similar to the one Eric Berry received from the Kansas City Chiefs last year.

That deal paid Berry $78 million over six years with $40 milion of it being guarenteed.